12 Mar 2020
TOPdesk Releases Office Panic Poll
TOPdesk Canada has just released the findings of the first Office Panic Poll. This study of 1,500 Canadians dives into the cultural effects and chaos of people’s most cringe-worthy IT experiences and technology setbacks at work.
Some remarkable results? Nearly half of Canadians (46%) have experienced a technology issue on their first day at a new job. One-in-five didn’t know their computer login info and got locked out for the first couple of days.
- 19% were missing a phone, computer, or other vital material to do their job
- 18% didn’t have their work email set up and couldn’t communicate with internal team
- 15% didn’t have a key card and couldn’t get into the office
- 15% were forced to jump from department to department to get set up in the system
- 12% had to set up their own computer and phone system with no guidance
“The survey highlights something many people have endured in a new job – a chaotic onboarding,” said Robert van der Gulik, Managing Director of TOPdesk Canada. “If an employee experiences frustration on the first day, it sets their expectations of the company’s work culture moving forward. A smooth onboarding process makes employees feel supported, and creates happier workers and a less fearful, and potentially toxic environment.”