Your privacy is important to us, which is why we want to be transparent about what, how and why we collect, process and share your personal information. Therefore, please take the time to read this webpage.
- We collect and store your personal information in accordance with the law.
- We only use your information for purposes we are legally allowed to use them for.
- Third parties may need access to your information in order to work with us, but they will only be granted access under strict instruction on data processing from us and in compliance with the GDPR.
- You may provide consent for us to store certain information. You may also change your mind about that at any time.
- You may request a copy of the information we have about you, and you may request to have your information deleted. Keep in mind that we may not be able to completely fulfil your request due to compelling legal reasons, or because fulfilling your request would mean revealing or deleting other information as well.
- If you wish to opt out of our email communications, click the button in any of our emails
How and why we use the personal information we collect from you
How we use the personal information we collect from you partly depends on which of our services you use, how you use them and any preferences you have communicated to us.
We use the personal information we collect from you:
- to provide and improve our services and personalise your experience;
- for research and development;
- to communicate with you about our services;
- to market, promote and drive engagement with our services, including publishing customer testimonials;
- to resolve technical issues and respond to requests for assistance; and
- to protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights.
European Economic Area (EEA) users
If you are an individual in the EEA, we collect and process personal information from you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU law. This means that we collect and process your personal information only:
- to provide our services to you;
- for a legitimate interest, such as for research and development, to market, promote and drive engagement with our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- to comply with applicable law; or
- If you give us consent to do so for a specified purpose. You can change your mind regarding your consent at any time.
How we secure and store the personal information we collect from you
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we use industry standard technical and organisational security measures to protect the personal information we collect from you against misuse, loss and unauthorised access.
Depending on the type of personal information, the purpose of and the applicable grounds or permissions for storage, we will keep the personal information for a certain period of time, but no longer than necessary or allowed. After such time, we will either delete or anonymise your personal information or, if this is not possible, store your personal information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
How and why we share the personal information we collect from you
We share the personal information we collect from you with our personnel and third parties to help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customise, support and market our services.
Service providers, event partners and sponsors
We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use the personal information we collect from you. We only grant access if these parties comply with our instructions on data processing, in accordance with the GDPR.
The same rule applies to our event partners and sponsors that need access to personal information.
TOPdesk corporate affiliates
We may share personal information we collect from you with other TOPdesk corporate affiliates in order to operate and improve our services and to offer other TOPdesk affiliated services to you.
We may share or transfer personal information we collect from you in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, provided that such personal information continues to be collected, shared and processed in accordance with the original purpose for which it was collected, shared and processed.
Compliance with applicable law
In exceptional circumstances, we may share personal information we collect from you with a third party if we believe in good faith that sharing is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service;
- protect the security or integrity of our services;
- protect TOPdesk, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities; or
- respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose your personal information to assist in prevention of death or serious bodily injury of any person.
With your consent
We share your personal information with our personnel and third parties when you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above.
How to access and control the personal information we collect from you
You may request a copy of the personal information we collect from you, object to our use of your personal information, request the deletion or restriction of your personal information, or request your personal information in a structured, electronic format by contacting us as provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
We may not be able to completely fulfil your request in some cases. Examples of this are situations in which information of another person would be revealed or if fulfilling your request would result in the deletion of information we are permitted to keep by applicable law, or information we keep for compelling legitimate reasons.
Opting out of communications
You may opt out of receiving communications from us via the unsubscribe link within each email.
Notice to End Users
Where our SaaS and on-premises services are made available to you through an organisation (e.g. your employer), that organisation is the administrator of the services and is responsible for the accounts over which it has control. In this case, please direct your data privacy-related questions to your administrator, as your use of the services is subject to that organisation’s policies.
SaaS and Support Services
If you are a TOPdesk customer and use our SaaS or support services, please direct any inquiry regarding the processing and sharing of personal information stored in your TOPdesk environment to your account manager.
Your personal information is controlled by TOPdesk. If you have any questions or concerns about how the personal information we collect from you is handled, please direct your inquiry to your account manager. Visit our contact page
Last updated: 11 June, 2019